Disabled goldfish gets harness to help her stay afloat
this is very important
It’s December already? How about some baby reindeer?
This is exactly what I wanted to see on my dash today.
oh my god no way
A CROW TRIED TO GO IN OUR CLASSROOM AND HE HAD A PEN
he is here and he is ready to learn
SeaWorld has lost yet another musical act that had previously agreed to perform at the park’s annual “Bands, Brew, and BBQ” concert series.
4th Rock Band breaks up with the SeaCircus
Another one bites the dust.
RESPIRATORY DISTRESS IN RABBITS
Respiratory distress in Rabbits for any reasons is never good, and they can often die suddenly because of it.
CAUSATIVE AGENT: The most common is Pasteurella (a bacterium)
- Direct Contact - Rabbit to Rabbit i.e communal grooming of eyes etc.
- Indirect Contact - With infected fomites such as food bowls, bedding and hutches
Initial replication of viruses occurs in the Upper Respiratory Tract, however the virus can spread to other structures such as the Naso-lacrimal ducts and Middle Ear causing Vestibular Disease (Head Tilt).
- Serous Discharge from Eyes and Nose
- Advancing to Purulent Discharge from the Eyes and Nose
- Rhinitis (Characterised by “snuffle” noises)
- Evidence of discharge on front feet from grooming
- Bacterial Cultures of Discharges - Must be taken from at least 2cm into the nasal cavity.
- ELISA testing - For detecting Pasteurella
- Bacterial Cultures of Abscesses - Sample must be taken from the capsule of the abscess, not the contents as this is often sterile.
- Mucolytic Agents
- General TLC
Isolation as soon as symptoms are expressed. Many of the rabbits with Pasteurella do not show symptoms until put under stress and the infection can often remain within their system for their lifetime, therefore complete separation from other rabbits to prevent the spread is important.
Lol!!! Your rabbit must eat hay every day or it will die!! Timothy hay!!! XD
The Irish Elk (Megaloceros giganteus),was a species of Megaloceros and one of the largest deer that ever lived.The latest known remains of the species have been carbon dated to about 7,700 years ago in Siberia. The Irish Elk stood about 6.9 ft tall at the shoulders carrying the largest antlers of any known cervid.
Vegans of Tumblr, if it was actually possible and you could only save one, who would you rather save? A child from a lifetime of slave labour in a sweatshop, or a chicken from being some chicken nuggets?
You know what is infinitely more fascinating than this absurd hypothetical question?
The fact that we have the ability to choose to save BOTH the child and the chicken, and overwhelmingly, most people choose to save neither, every. single. day.